At Sixense Oceania, we are pleased to welcome people who are inquisitive and passionate about their know-how, whatever the level of speciality. In return we offer to work on iconic projects and learn about a wide range of technologies to better serve our clients.
Our international footprint and local growth provide candidates with great opportunities to have a real impact on their future.
With 20 years of experience around the world and 750 people operating out of 20 countries, SIXENSE provides advanced technologies & services to designers, builders and managers to optimise their assets through their life cycles.
One of our key services is risk mitigation solutions supported by high quality instrumentation and monitoring services. We detect, measure and model structural, geotechnical and environmental behaviours for owners and contractors.
We’re also providing engineering and innovative, AI-based digital solutions for infrastructure inspection and asset management. Our edge is our ability to transform data into information.
Whilst we have a large presence on the international stage, SIXENSE has only been in the Australian and NZ market for few years and is a SME currently experiencing high levels of growth. With this growth comes exciting challenges and great opportunities for the successful candidate to have a real impact on his/her and our future.
The Sixense environment brings outstanding career opportunities for skilled & motivated employees either in Australia or abroad.
There is an open position for an experienced I&M PROJECT MANAGER, locally based in Melbourne and reporting directly to the Managing Director, to deliver projects and continue to drive the business forward in key markets.
This person’s role will have a significant impact on the business and they will work in close partnership with the Managing Director, Technical & Operations Manager and back office in Melbourne. With a forthcoming change in the company structure, it is a path to a motivating career evolution for the successful candidate.
- Manage a portfolio of projects of various sizes with accountability for financial and technical performance.
- Manage, mentor and train engineers and technicians, as required.
- Manage aspects of business operations and office administration, as required.
- Liaise with the clients and site teams to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Manage and prioritize requests from clients.
- Plan & install monitoring solutions.
- Provide a supporting role in business development, including maintenance of key client relationships, and development of new business leads.
- Provide a supporting role in the closing of new tenders, including providing key inputs for project estimation.
- With the support of other management staff, organise day-to-day operations to ensure safety, technical and financial performances.
- At least 5 years successful experience in managing projects and/or operations while delivering technical solutions in the construction/infrastructure industry.
- At least 5 years successful experience in the instrumentation & monitoring field.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver excellence in client care.
- Strong entrepreneurship mind set.
- Curious and eager to learn and launch new technologies and services.
- A strong sense of priority, commitment and accountability.
- Experience working on large construction projects is an advantage.
- High level of awareness of safety and understanding of safety procedures.
- Resilient and ability to work under pressure.
- Skilled in use of MS Office suite.
- Proven ability to stick at problems and successfully achieve outcomes.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science or related degree.
- Unrestricted rights to work in Australia (mandatory)
- Strong team culture with collaboration opportunities within Australia, NZ and international business units
- Flexible and autonomous work environment, we’ll support you to think differently and encourage innovation
- Company shares purchase plan with attractive free shares incentives
- Fitness incentive scheme for reimbursement of regular gym/sporting activity
- Paid parental leave
- Career advanced opportunities within the broader Vinci network.
- Performance based annual bonus
- Salary based on experience + benefits
There is an open position for a Monitoring Technician, locally based in Melbourne, to install and maintain the geotechnical instrumentation for major infrastructure projects in the city. This person will work within the project team in the Melbourne office, under the supervision of the Engineer and Project Manager. The duration of the project is 3+ years but the position is a permanent one with potential further assignment(s) in Australia, New Zealand or overseas.
The Sixense environment brings outstanding career opportunities for skilled & motivated employees.
The ideal candidate should have:
Engineering degree or diploma preferred
Knowledge and experience of Geotechnical Instrumentation techniques
Always adopt safe attitude and respect safety procedures
Experience working on & around construction sites
Installation experience, comfortable working with hand tools
Comfortable working both at the job site and office
Can work independently, unsupervised and show initiative
Good written English and communication skills
Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc)
**Eligible to work unrestricted in Australia
**Australian driver’s license
A more detailed job description is attached.
Salary range $70,000-$90,000 + super & bonus (based on experience and skills)
Job posted: June 17th, 2022
Applications close: July 16th, 2022
You are applying for:
Thanks for your application!
We will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.
We hope you hear from us soon,
The team @Sixense Group Oceania